Tuesday 10 May 2011

Kate Middleton's Shawl

There has been a real buz on Ravelry about the shawl worn by The Duchess of Cambridge to go shopping in. I've decided to have a go at designing a similar one.  I suspect the original one has been 'manufactured' so it is not possible to make an exact copy and I wouldn't want to. My shawls so far have all been lace so it will be a challenge to design one in a textured stitch pattern. I've spent the morning charting out the design. I really want to get it cast on but I'm teaching a lace class at a knitting group in Kirkby Lonsdale this evening so I need to prepare for that first. I would love to knit it in a lace weight yarn I have, but for speed I'm doubling up the yarn which should make it about a fingering weight.
I think there are going to be a few copy's of Kate's Shawl appearing on Ravelry.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you did a blog mummy, I dont know you dont tell me anything

    ReplyDelete